Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday Thirteen (randomness)

I haven't done one of these for awhile so I figure it's about time:

1. I started work this week. I must admit, it was quite lovely to receive flowers from my two favorite coworkers for my first day of work.

2. It was also lovely when my little family stopped by with some of my favorite candy.

3. And also lovely to be using my brain again. (No, not all of the day was lovely but I'm choosing not to focus on that right now.)

4. Back before my maternity leave I used to stop at a coffee shop a couple of times a week for a morning cup of joe. Mr. Server would ALWAYS remember my order as well as everyone else's I saw in there. I decided to stop in before my first day. J-L knew this and joked that he would still remember. Guess what?! He DID! (Keep in mind that I only went there once or twice a week and it had been nearly a year since I had been there.) Wow. Seriously, this guy should be working for the CIA or something with a crazy memory like that. Although, remembering all his customers' coffee likes is a lovely use of that talent too.

5. Being back at work after a year makes for an odd combination of feeling like a new employee and yet feeling ohsofamiliar.

6. We got the permits for building a new room in the basement. I guess this is really going to happen.

7. All that rain yesterday ALL DAY? Yeah, quite a lot of it ended up in our basement. So, my evening was made up of going through cardboard boxes of stuff and J-L's was made up of vacuuming up water. What fun! Although, I'd been wanting to go through those boxes forever so this finally gave me the push I needed.

8. Our chubby little boy is not so chubby anymore. He spent the first 6 months in the 95th percentile. But at this week's appointment? Yeah, down to the 50th percentile.

9. Unlike Jack, I have been eating too much of late. I know it's comfort eating and it's related to the transition going on now but it has Got. To. Stop.

10. It's funny how different things interest different people. Both with our renovations and with purchasing a new computer the truth is I just want to hand someone some money and tell them to do all the work for us. The decision making involved in either of those holds no interest to me whatsoever.

11. J-L has been on holidays these last few days. And, while it's been good for the transition for our family it's been hard being the one at work when the other 3 family members are at home hanging out.

12. Now, that being said, my husband is also making supper tonight and THAT is a pleasant and rare treat – not necessarily him cooking but rather being at work and not even for one second having to think about what it is we're going to eat tonight.

13. It's my son's first birthday party this weekend. I'm beginning to lose my little baby.

4 Comments:

Blogger pamero said...

4. That is rather impressive. I have feeling I would be kinda like that since I can do that with pitas, which are a tad more complicated.

5.oooh, that must be a strange sensation! I never even thought of it like that!

7.Aiyyyye! That makes me nervous. I'm going to check my basement right NOW.

(okay, in a minute...)
12. I'm lookin' forward to that supper in about a half an hour!!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

#7. I was there too sister.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Not at your house of course, it was mine and I was ever so grateful for the new shop vac we own.

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe that coffee shop guy DOES work for the CIA, and the coffee shop is his cover. Shhhh, don't tell him I let it slip. Just act normal next time you see him.

(camelsamba from swapbot)

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home