Thursday, May 17, 2012

Intoxicated

At this time of year I feel lucky to live where I do. At the end of the driveway it starts with the chokecherry tree and it's bright/strong scented flowers. Next come 2 lilac trees with their sweet innocent flowers and scent. And just before the door are hoards of lily of the valley with their tiny feminine flowers and quiet, soft scent.
Although, living here also comes with a conundrum. I love to be barefoot and I HATE to have sticky skin. Well, the trees in our yard drip a lot of sticky substance this time of year. Frustrates me to go outside with no shoes on only to come in and head straight for the sink.

3 Comments:

Blogger pamero said...

And thank you for sharing your lily of the valley...mine are almost in bloom and I'm looking so forward to them!

5:49 PM  
Blogger corrie said...

Beautiful! I can almost smell the flowers as I sit here at my computer!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Wendy Barkman said...

I still have the stains of Wednesday's stickies on the bottom of my feet. There must be dye in that sap! :-)

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home