Thursday, May 03, 2012

good times

Funny, I don’t think I’m a fussy person when it comes to shopping for a car for myself. The first (and only) car I bought I test drove maybe 3 cars and knew which one I wanted and that was that. Our van? Spur of the moment decision. Saw it online, good price, test drive, purchased that same day. And yet, things don’t seem to be going the same with this car purchase. Apparently I’m fussier than I thought. Here’s a few things I don’t really want in my “new” car:


1. I don’t want to run a carfax and find out that the odometer has been tampered with. (Incidentally, we phoned the seller back, told him this and then saw it listed on kijiji again... at a HIGHER PRICE.)
2. I don’t want to hear the motor make almost as much noise as my current car.
3. I don’t want to feel dirty climbing into it or to feel like I’d be embarrassed giving anyone a ride in it. (I'm still shuddering at this one a little bit.)
4. I don’t want the brakes to grind. (Not to be stereotypical but we should have known when we discovered the 20-something year-old girl who was selling it was heading to Toronto to be the lead singer in a rock band.)
5. I don’t want the car to smell of vomit. (Jacky STILL talks about this one: Mommy, we can't buy this car. It stinks!)
6. I don’t want the plastic in front of the speedometer to be broken.
7. I don’t want to be told I can’t take it for a test drive. (Crazy thing was, they seemed shocked when we told them we were no longer interested.)
8. I don’t want to feel like if I’m in a car accident with a bicycle I’ll probably come out the loser.

Fussy, fussy, fussy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim O said...

Oh, kijiji....

11:06 AM  
Blogger pamero said...

Oh my, you ARE fussy with your no-vomit-smell-wanting-a-test-drive high falutin' ways...tsk, tsk, tsk.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home