Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Frickin' eBay!

This weekend I went onto eBay for the first time ever. A friend of mine had told me that there are often maternity lots on there. Lots with quite (I was so tempted to say "lots" - he, he) a few clothing items. And so I went on there. And, on a whim I bid on something. There were 40 clothing items in the lot. They were new clothes and at the first bid I put in I'd have only to pay about $7 an item for them. That's stinkin' cheap in the world of maternity clothes. But, it was only that - a whim. Nothing more. There were a few things on there that I knew I wouldn't ever wear so if I didn't bid the highest I was okay with that.

Fast forward 2 days. I now check on said item about 10 times a day. Several times I have been outbid. Crazy thing is, now I CARE. I WANT those silly clothes. For pity's sake I don't even know if they'll FIT. What is the matter with me?! I analyzed it a bit (as I am prone to do) and I realized that part of it is the sport of the bidding and part of it is the idea of having that many clothes without stepping foot in a store making me nearly shake with excitement. You see, I'm not a typical girl, I HATE shopping. And yet, with the current and upcoming state of my body I will be left with NO CHOICE. Blech!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

eBay advice - from my admittedly limited experience, there's no point bidding until the last 15 minutes.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Ebay has sucked in yet another innocent soul. I realized I had gone over the edge last night when I almost bid on Ernie and Bert puppets. I really don't NEED puppets, but there they were...I knew it was time to Step Away from Ebay. :)

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home