Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Beef & Bouquet

Beef:
Last week (at least I think it was last week) I went out to see if I could get my glasses repaired. I had some money from a health spending account from my work that if I don’t spend I lose at the end of the year. May as well get my glasses repaired and buy a new pair at the same time. What a lovely treat! The eyeglass store that I went to had a buy one get one free offer on. Therein lies the complaint. To repair my glasses (new frames) would cost around $100. However, I couldn’t use the "free" offer on that. Instead, I HAD to choose a new frame and therefore new lenses as well which in this case ran at about $280. Does that make any sense to ANYONE out there? It would have been considerably cheaper for them to just repair my broken glasses but noooo, that would be thinking outside the box. Thankfully, the salesperson also saw the "rule" as ridiculous. And so, now I am getting TWO entirely new pairs of glasses for the price of one. Which, I should be excited about but I really LIKED the pair that broke. (Note: I would have just chosen that same pair again as my free ones but they no longer sell them. Sigh.)


Bouquet:
On Friday I went to pick up the mail and in the contents was an envelope addressed to me from J-L’s company. Odd. I opened it fairly quickly as I was more than a little perplexed. Inside a handwritten note of congratulations from the president of J-L’s company. A handwritten note AND a cheque for $100 for me to buy something nice for me or for Abby or for J-L and me to go out on a date (all noted in the card). Kudos to that man. President of a company of over 600 employees and he takes the time out to write a personal note to new parents. As J-L said, "Now you know why people are so willing to go to bat for him."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo on ridiculous store rules. Hooray for nice bosses who care about you and your family. What a guy!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home