Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I shouldn't have looked.

This weekend I took a look through the career section in our paper. I'm not exactly sure why, I just did. And wouldn't you know it, in there was one of my dream jobs. Why NOW? Why at this point in my life when I'm not looking for work? It's a job I'm fairly sure I could get and I'm fairly sure I'd be good at. And it's made me a little sad that I "can't" even apply for it. I'm sure there are some who are reading this blog that are tsk-tsking their way through it. I'm sorry. No, scratch that, I'm not sorry - this is the way God made me. I like to/need to be intellectually challenged. I'm happy for those who are completely comfortable/happy to be SAHMs. I just don't think I was designed to be one.

And yet, on a fairly regular basis I get to take a leisurely bath with this:
and I think to myself that life can't get any better.

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

Why don't you contact them anyway - maybe they'd be willing to negotiate :-) We just hired a new director who can't start until next summer, 'cause he was the best person for the job and it was worth the wait.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what I was thinking - couldn't hurt to call.

1:30 PM  
Blogger mmichele said...

tsk tsk
i always read the career section. never thought it made me a bad person but it might be time to double check.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still read the job postings in the newspaper. I just can't help myself.
I'll probably still read them even though I just got myself a dream job. Although, as I told you before, I don't know if it counts as a job when it's only 5 hours. Maybe that's what makes it a dream :)

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home