Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Joy

I had a positively lovely trip out to Alberta. I'm still basking in the glow of the memories:

1. Watching my bbb carry his sleeping children up to bed. Memories of his dad (and mine) doing the same so many years ago.
2. Falling in love with two little Korean girls and watching them fall in love with my little girl.
3. Sharing meals in community.
4. Sleeping with my girl even though she refused to sleep through the night.
5. Hearing my nephew (C) scold my brother for running with Abby's stroller.
6. Watching my nephew (B) play hockey.
7. Watching the Olympic opening ceremonies with my family. Did you SEE that cool "ski-jumper"?
8. Going to a movie with my bbb.
9. Getting together with an old friend. How much our lives have changed since we got to know each other back in '91.
10. Feeling loved by my bbd as he chose being with me over studying.
11. Sleeping in the luxurious guest room.
12. The absolutely stunning Curious George quilt I came home with.
13. Playing games (Ping Pong and Sequence) with my nephew (N).
14. WHERE did that goose come from?
15. My niece (A) doing the cousin dance and singing silly songs to keep Abby happy. Believe me, it worked!
16. Sharing a leisurely breakfast with DLCN.
17. A vulnerable, gentle conversation with my sil (L) while watching her boys skate on the river.
18. Seeing my daughter being passed from person to person. Knowing that she is just as lucky as I am to be born into this family.
19. Hanging with my sil (S). She makes me want to be a poet too.
20. The elevator doors opening to a man happily grinning that his girls are home.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A wonderful post Moodge. I am so happy that you had a great time, and that you were able to hang out with your family.

But, it is SOOOOOO nice having my girls home.

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was lovely to have you as well!!!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Jodi @ blog-o-licious said...

I'm so glad you had a great time. Sounds like you have a wonderful family!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Joyska said...

welocme home Cynthia and Abby...
I am sure you were greatly missed

12:05 AM  
Blogger Joyska said...

Yah... I can spell. WELCOME home!

12:06 AM  
Blogger Nichole said...

That's an awesome Curious George quilt -- and such a sweet travel story!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Yeah, I'm jealous.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home