Monday, August 28, 2006

Inane post.

Today, I am wearing a dress.

Ahh.

This is the third time this year that I have worn a dress. Let me tell you, I have missed my summer dresses. Two summers in a row I haven't been able to wear them (rather pregnant last summer). And believe me, I am all about the comfortable, loose, cotton summer dresses. But, alas, nursing is just a LOT easier in a 2 piece. And so, I have had to make do with my summer skirts instead. Enjoyable but I do get a bit blue seeing my dresses gathering dust in my closet.

Wanna know how silly I am about them? Yesterday, when my husband asked me when I wanted to start trying for number 2 the first thing out of my mouth was "definitely not until after next summer". I know, how selfish and silly of me but whatcha gonna do?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! I have also been looking at my dresses longingly, knowing that I can't wear them while nursing. On the other hand, I still can't fit into most of them -- the "lose weight while nursing" thing hasn't worked for me. :(

8:45 PM  
Blogger Joyska said...

i love how your mind works!

10:18 PM  
Blogger ccap said...

Sis, BELIEVE me, the losing weight while nursing hasn't worked for me either. Not one bit. But, most of my summer dresses are on the loose, flowy side.

10:42 PM  
Blogger The very nice man said...

I had to laugh about this post. Not because it is "Inane" as you put it (which I don't believe it is) but because I realised once again how "seemingly" little things do play a big role in our well-being. Having kids is great! We've got 4 of them! But you also need your own time to feel good.
Erik

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home