Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sunday

It's Sunday today. One of my favourite days. A day that most weeks is filled with family, community, worship.

Seems so apropos that on a day like this, filled with warmth and comfort, I should start a book that begins thus:

There had been no words for naming when she was born.

She was "Girl Owens" on the stamped paper that certified her birth, and at home, she had just been "Sister", that was all. When asked to decide, at five, what she would be called, she had chosen "Sunday," time of voices, lifted in praise.

Methinks I just might like it.

Back to my cozy spot then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Just D said...

oooh, sounds delish! What's the title???

9:36 PM  
Blogger ccap said...

It's called "Water Marked". The Babe didn't give me a lot of time to read it yesterday but so far, so good I must say.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home