Saturday, August 12, 2006

Two things.

(1) This morning we bought a Buy-n-Sell to start our hunt for the next sized car seat. Not many in there so I'm not sure what we'll do as this frugal (I was going to say "cheap" but J-L always corrects me when I do that) mom is very much against buying new for that sort of thing. We left messages with the first two places and reached someone at the third. No, we couldn't come see the car seat right away. Why? Well, her husband wasn't home. Oh, okay, so you want him to do the business side of this? No? Well, then, maybe you're uncomfortable with strangers coming over without him there? No? The husband was out with the van and the child and... the car seat. The kid still uses the car seat. Does it not seem odd to anyone else that someone would put their car seat up for sale when their child still uses it? Shouldn't you buy the next size first?

(2) I am alone in the apartment at the moment. I do believe this is the Very First Time I've been alone in this apartment since the babe came along. It's nice but really weird at the same time. It's been nearly 3 hours, they can come home now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Raehan said...

Ha. I used to do that, too. I'd call my husband on the phone when I was ready to see everyone again and act irritated that he wasn't home.

Hey CCAP, I also wanted to say I won't be a stranger. You'll still be hearing from me. : )

12:53 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

My husband would take the kids out so I could have a little 'me time'. I would be so bored and irritated waiting for them to come home. If we had cell phones then I would have been calling all the time!

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home