Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen thoughts/moments from the past 4 days.
1. I have personal space issues. Having a baby has messed with those to a certain degree. Taking a baby to an event with a bunch of children messes with those issues in a huge way. Children love babies. (Not all but in a group of 27, quite a large percentage.) And love to surround me while I'm holding my baby. It's all I can do to remain calm and not shriek "back off" at a moment's notice.


2. Sometimes after doing something you don't excel at (translate: kind of suck at) it's nice to do something that you're very good at to regain some self-esteem. (Not ready to share the whole story.)

3. Sometimes, comparing your result to someone else makes you feel confident and superior. Sometimes, it makes you feel inferior and completely hopeless in the "why am I fooling myself into thinking I'm good at this?" kind of way. (eg. looking at wedding photography websites.)

4. Did you know that Winnipeg has the most number of female firefighters of any city in North America?

5. The next female firefighter?
Maddie

6. Having lunch with a childless friend who intends on remaining childless is the perfect moment (sarcasm intended) for The Kid to act out in ways she's never acted out before thus reinforcing said friend's belief system.

7. Homemade soft pretzels are delicious.

8. Homemade soft pretzels dipped in honey mustard are even better.

9. Dealing with a grouchy child for an entire day can be exhausting.

10. Taking 2 hours off from dealing with a grouchy child only to find out that she slept peacefully the whole time she was with her father can be aggravating.

11. I have a cold. I'm tired of blowing my nose.

12. Abby played strange for the doctor today. Interestingly enough, the doctor said it was a good thing. Apparently one of the first things they notice about abused children is that they are willing to go to anyone and don't ever play strange.

13.
Being weighed
Weight: 18 lbs.; 3.5oz (38th percentile)
Height: 31" (97th percentile)

7 Comments:

Blogger Just D said...

#10 is my all time pet peeve from when my kids were little - argh! and #12 struck a note with me for my foster kids... I'll keep it in mind for their upcoming dr. visit, and #13? Awwww! Too cute! Happy 13!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Oh I TOTALLY get you on the personal space thing.

#5 Cute!

#12 Ummm... hope the Dr. didn't think Maddie was abused.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Joyska said...

i wonder why #4 is true... it's also the slurpie capitol of the world... as hard as I try...I can't make a corralation between the two...
and #13... wow... cuter in every pic! she's the tall skinny type i guess!

10:57 PM  
Blogger The very nice man said...

All mothers should have the option to have a day (or 2 half days) off from their children.
I can easily say this, coz I am a bloke!
By the way . . Everyone is god at "looking at wedding photography websites", heehee!

5:55 AM  
Blogger The very nice man said...

Correction:
The 1 day or 2 half days is of course PER WEEK and
I can't spell "good" (nobody is god but God himself!)
Sigh . . It's one of those days!

5:57 AM  
Blogger pamero said...

oh please, ccap, I have never seen more real or truthful wedding pictures than the ones I have seen of yours. You have a way of capturing people that shows them at one of their happiest times just being them. I'd never have dreamed of having anyone else...

9:53 AM  
Blogger pamero said...

By the way, (especially after #13)have I said I love abby to death??You're pretty good too. I definately prefer going to movies with you and holding abby. ;p

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home