Thursday, November 23, 2006

Chuckle

Completely mindless but this gave me a bit of a chuckle today.

For those of you too important/busy/intelligent to waste your time reading it, it's basically this: Forbes has made up a list of the top fictional wealthiest characters. Did you catch that? Fictional. That's right, someone (probably more than one person) sat in an office somewhere and calculated what the net worth is of various fictional individuals. Absolutely absurd. And yet, here I am writing about it. Go figure. Some of the top characters:

1. Oliver "Daddy" Warbucks. Net worth: $36.2 billion (Man, I'm happy for Annie. Such a nice guy and so very rich yet too. Come on, sing everybody: Together at last! Together forever! ... I don't need anything but you!)
2. Charles Montgomery Ward. Net worth: $16.8 billion
3. Scrooge McDuck (tee hee) Net worth: $10.9 billion

But, the one that made me chuckle the most is (directly from the article):

Also making his Fictional 15 debut: spam entrepreneur Prince Abakaliki of Nigeria. Abakaliki is notable for being the only fictional character on our list who regularly e-mails real people, usually begging for assistance in recovering large sums of money.

2 Comments:

Blogger pamero said...

Ha, ha, ha. That was a cute article to read! And I can't help but think it is nice to read some fun news instead of all the depressing, sad news that is what mostly makes up the 'news'. I like the slideshow it links you to as well. And I like how they categorize them all single or married status! What a fun 'job'!

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

got me lol!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home