Monday, November 20, 2006

Passing the time*

Thanks, Jeremy

Here I sit.
My fingers clicking.
Bored.
And you sing.


Did I call your name, did you hear me
Singing that song I wrote for you
You're so the same, but you're so different
I didn't recognize you


In comes the UPS man.
I sign.
I smile.
15 seconds less in the day.
Long day.
Still bored.
And still you sing.


I'm singin' on the sidewalk, dancin' for you wearin' holes in my shoes
I got blisters on my toes everybody knows there's nothin' to do
so I'm singin' on the sidewalk, dancin' for you


Long, tedious minutes tick by.
No, not minutes,
Seconds.
So little to do so much time to fill.
Small talk with coworkers.
Very small talk.
But your song is my companion
Thank you.


Shine, let it shine, even if it burns your eyes
This light of mine is mine and I'm gonna let it shine


* I can't believe it's come to this. Writing lame poems about being bored at work. I had promised myself I wouldn't blog at work. But, I just have so little to do these days.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you have the blog. And poetry. Still waiting for another opportunity for you. Or maybe this is a push into well, that other thing you actually wrote about on the blog a while back? So glad I get to hear your voice through the blog. Ok, can I be "so glad" about something else?

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Mr. Fisher, you make good music.

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home