Wednesday, November 15, 2006

One of those days - Part 2

No, this isn't another whining post. Quite the opposite really. Today is one of those days when I'm just gushing with love. It's amazing what a good email (or 30) can do to change one's mood. In the last 24 hours I have received several emails which made me smile. I recognize that this is one of those inane posts that will have most of you wondering why exactly I would bother to post something that is so obviously filled with inside jokes. C'est la vie.

Top 10 Favorite Lines from Recent Emails
10. Ahhh, c'mon! I was thinking a round of Settlers, a round of Monopoly, a round of Risk.... :-)
9. Just don't even SUGGEST Stock Ticker or I'll find some other family to celebrate with.
8. Could I possibly blow this out of perspective even more?
7. I've remained uncharacteristically silent and pensive throughout this whole exchange...
6. Are they the monkey poo cookies?
5. The last time I remember beating Brad at Monopoly he cried and I felt so guilty I decided never to do that again:) Actually, it felt pretty good, but I've kinda lost my taste for Monopoly since my kids started beating me...
4. Yes, fbf. I'm really going to give this a go.
3. After a horrible day with all the [blank] fiasco shall we drown our sorrow in light and pixels?
2. "You guys should come out and [blank]!" Me: "For sure, sounds like fun!" (really meaning, "When I've died and claimed my seat below")

And the number one line I loved from an email came from my dear husband. Drumroll please.

1. By the way, I'm bringing sexy back. I'm just not sure how.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can win brownie points by saying,

honey, you already have.

5:35 PM  
Blogger pamero said...

See! How can you compare with that?!?!

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, I can hear certain peoples saying some of those things (not that i know all of your insiders, and not even most of them....but I'm pretty sure I recognize some!)

8:21 PM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

I MEAN IT about Stock Ticker. Don't even TRY to test me. You bring out Stock Ticker, and I'll throw Settlers at you.

Wish I'd thought of the "bringin' sexy back" line. On the other hand, I wish Justin T would figure it out and QUIT ANNOYING ME with that song.

9:51 PM  
Blogger pamero said...

I Loooooove monkey poo cookies....if I'm thinking what you're thinking! And woo-hoo! I made it onto the list twice!

12:03 AM  
Blogger Nichole said...

I've somehow managed not to hear "SexyBack." How? Because it's not on my iPod, and that's all I listen to these days. Well, that and Elmo.

9:32 AM  
Blogger ccap said...

Pam, don't tell J-L but your email line (#2) actually made me laugh out loud. J-L's just made me smirk.

And yes, it's THOSE cookies. The ones that everyone has a different name for. The unbaked ones.

And, Corrie, you would have made the list twice too if I'd received your "we'll always have Paris" email BEFORE I made up this list. Ah, ha, ha. Made me laugh out loud too.

10:01 AM  
Blogger ccap said...

Aw, crap. I forgot something.

Michele, yours wasn't an email, but if it were I would have added it to the list. :-) When J-L got home last night I told him to go read my post and then be sure to read Michele's comment.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home