Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Random List

1. If Britney and Kevin can’t make it, how can we?

2. Abby’s 12 month doctor’s appointment yesterday afternoon. She continues to be a tall, thin babe. 19 lbs, 8 oz. Just shy of 31” tall. (According to the website I found that’s in the 20th percentile for weight and the 90th for height.)

3. Guess who broke her glass-topped coffee table the other night?

4. The flowers (a lovely mixture of daisies and alstroemerias) my husband bought me for my first day of work are still looking friendly here on my desk.

5. I just took a phone call from a business contact who basically shrieked “I’m so glad to have you back!” in my ear. It was very nice to hear.

6. Babel and Stranger than Fiction both open this weekend. Oh dear, oh my. Which shall I see first?

7. Two people are missing from the office this week. I am covering both of their desks. I'm happy to be busy again.

8. It is currently 9 degrees out there (that’s about 48 degrees Fahrenheit). No complaints here.

9. I have 8 days of holidays coming to me that I have to use up before the end of the year or I lose them. (I have more coming to me but I can carry some forward.) What a problem to have, hey? Again, no complaints here.

10. Becky, this one’s for you. Seems to me the list HAS to end in a number divisible by 5, no? And yet, I’ve definitely taken up enough time on this one.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps some of those holidays could be spent out west? ;-)

11:58 AM  
Blogger corrie said...

Yah, I can't believe the weather. I was out walking last night in a hoodie, vest, and scarf. Lovely.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a suggestion for some days in December that you could take holidays ...

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would call Abby tall and slender. She looks 100% to me!

5:32 PM  
Blogger beckster said...

Thank you!

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was sorry to hear about your glass coffee table. I loved the Survivor and AR stuff on it. Is it damaged beyond compare. You know, I broke L & B's glass table when Noah was a baby. I was leaning on the glass, reaching for his soother, with him in my arms. The two of us went right through. Both of us came out unscathed, however, the table was toast.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home