Tuesday, October 31, 2006

October 31

So, there it is. That date. No, this is not a Halloween post although perhaps that would be more enjoyable to write and to read. In this household, at least for this year, that date has other significance. Tomorrow I head back to work. I'm trying so hard not to cry as I write that. But, it is what it is. Abby and I have had a good year. Scratch that. A GREAT year. I can hardly believe how good it was. How much we enjoyed each other's company. How many days we spent wandering in the sunshine. How many little road trips we took. How many visits I've had with people.

But, as of tomorrow it's done. I leave her. For a full day. Wow.

Thing is, though. I don't hate work. I actually enjoy it. And, if I were going back to the exact same job I wouldn't have this same feeling of overwhelming dread. But, I'm not. I'm not exactly sure how it has all changed. Time will tell. But, I do know that the signs right now suggest that it won't be a job as well suited to my abilities/personality. And that's what makes the muscles in my neck and shoulders tense up. I think a hot bubble bath will be in my very near future.

In other news, November is NaBloPoMo and I've decided to give it a try. Yikes. Posting. Every. Day. (Good thing it's a short month.) I don't actually think I'm interesting enough or disciplined enough to do this. But, I shall give it a try. And hey, if nothing else, expect photos of the babe and lyrics from my favourite songs and pieces of literature I like. And maybe I'll tell some random stories from my life.

Update: Hurray, two of my friends are jumping on the bandwagon. Anyone else? Please? If I beg? Just think how much more pleasant my transition month will be if I have new entries to read every day. Hey, if you want I can even ask you some interview type questions to help get you started. (Yes, I know some of you already DO blog nearly every day. Thanks.)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that will be a good exercise for me. I'll try it too except I'll be away for 3 days. Maybe I'll take the laptop along and see if we can find a signal

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well if you're going to jump on blopomojo train I will too.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! I get to read you more often....

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, go easy on yourself, I say. If you're tired from work and just want to veg with Abby don't feel bad if you don't want to spend time at the computer, though I'll be waiting to "hear" how it's going...

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to say, good luck with the return to work. I know how tough this is -- I go back to teaching in January. How lucky we are to have had this time with them, watching them turn from babies to toddlers!

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm with Dwight - go easy on yourself. At the same time... I am SO looking forward to reading your blogs, AND I'm joining you and taking up the challenge AND... I think blogging might be a great transition aid back into work. Enjoy.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Thinking of you this morning.

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything will be alright Moodge. I am so thankful that you were able to spend the year with our little girl. She is blessed to have you as her Mommy.

Have a great day at work. Please feel free to call me many, many times, because if I'm on the phone with you than I won't be calling Debbie fifty times today.

I love you.

J-L

8:39 AM  
Blogger Nichole said...

I always look forward to reading your posts! I'm trying NaBloPoMo, too, as well as NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month! Because I'm a glutton for punishment!).

I'm sorry your year is up. I'll be thinking of you today. You should receive a deliciously happy welcome from your sweet girl once your work day is over, though!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can hardly believe it's been a year since Abby was born! Wow. What a wonderful year you had with her, and what a wonderful upcoming year you'll have with her, even if it's different.

Good luck on your first day back. I'll be thinking of you today!

And yay for posting every day! Looking forward to stories and pictures :)

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about you having to return to work.

The entire month of November for posting: I am attempting the same, not sure how it will work out. Frankly, I far more enjoy wandering around, making comments and reading other people's blogs ~ but I'll give it a shot. :)


Peace,

Thailand Gal
~*~*~

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home