Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

A truly frivolous thirteen today.

Thirteen movies that made me develop a crush on the actors/characters.

1. Jack Black in High Fidelity
("Well, it's sentimental tacky crap. Do we look like the kind of store that sells I Just Called to Say I Love You? Go to the mall.")

2. Audrey Tatou in Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain






3. Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. (Clementine: This is it, Joel. It's going to be gone soon. Joel: I know. Clementine: What do we do? Joel: Enjoy it.)






4. Ralph Fiennes and Rachel Wiesz in The Constant Gardener (check this out if you loved their love story as much as I did.)






5. Abigail Breslin and Alan Arkin in Little Miss Sunshine (Olive: Grandpa, am I pretty? Grandpa: You are the most beautiful girl in the world. Olive: You're just saying that. Grandpa: No! I'm madly in love with you and it's not because of your brains or your personality.)

6. Paul Newman and Robert Redford in The Sting










7. Djimon Hounsou in In America ("No... I'm in love with you. And I'm in love with your beautiful woman. And I'm in love with your kids. And I'm even in love with your unborn child. I'm even in love with your anger! I'm in love with anything that lives!")







8. Mandy Patinkin in The Princess Bride ("My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.")

9. Stanley Tucci in A Midsummer Night’s Dream

10. Morgan Freeman in Shawshank Redemption






11. Laura Linney and Mark Ruffalo in You Can Count on Me

12. Eric Bana in Munich
("Hey, sweetheart, this is your papa... this my voice, my darling... don't forget what I sound like, okay?")








13. Richard Farnsworth in (I can’t pick just one) The Straight Story or Anne of Green Gables

5 Comments:

Blogger pamero said...

Sure, trivial maybe, but wonderful? For sure. I practically sighed a happy sigh from one to thirteen.

7:18 PM  
Blogger mmichele said...

i am immpressedd

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I sooooo love Ralph Fiennes. What an awesome list.


~K!

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - I can't wait to show Korey this post - you have always had great taste and this proves it. Got some good ideas of what to "rent" when we finally do make it to the library!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Raehan said...

We have much the same taste in movies.

Great list.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home