Friday, November 03, 2006

This will probably only mean something to those who have worked in a large organization

I got my computer today. Hurray.

Interestingly enough, turns out the company I work for does not shut down the email address of someone off on maternity leave.

Thankfully, my contacts and people I dealt with on a regular basis knew that I was gone for a year.

But, you know those generic emails? Those mass emails? The ones that head office sends out stating so and so got fired or so and so got promoted? Yeah, those were still all sent to my active email address. For the PAST YEAR. My computer got set up this morning. In my email inbox? 1,423 emails. Can we say mass delete.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness, at least it is email. I can only imagine what your inbox would look like if those office memos still came in paper form.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Oh YAY.

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home