Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

This one's for my sister-in-law. One of the easiest TTs I've ever written.

Thirteen Things I Love About Sue.

1) Years ago I was in a really bad place (and lived with her and her husband at the time) and she loved me anyway.

2) She’s got probably the world’s best giggle.

3) She loves Pearls Before Swine.

4) She is not in any way shape or form shallow. She’s like one of those kids in high school that everybody wants to be like and be friends with and yet still strongly claims that’s she’s uncool.

5) She can form some of the best sentences it has ever been my pleasure to read.

6) She is funny. Delightfully funny. You only have to read her blog for a short period of time to realize that.

7) When we were trying to get pregnant she wrote me a letter about the struggles they’d had. I still marvel (and tear up) at her ability to see outside her own searing pain to help me through my minor inconvenience.

8) When she thinks positive things about someone she says them. I’m trying to learn this from her.

9) She married into a GREAT family. (Hey, I had to throw that one in there.)

10) She has this amazing ability to talk to absolutely anyone graciously. I admire this gift and wish I just had a tiny touch of it.

11) She gives great (translate: thoughtful) gifts:

  • When I was a lot younger (hey, she’s been in our family some 26+ years) she made me a birthday card from pink and blue paper that had several pages and told a story about an elephant. I still have it.
  • When I was in my early 20s she knit me a blue sweater. I still have it.
  • When Abby was born she sewed her a Curious George quilt. Thinking about this makes me cry. Her first quilt for my first daughter. Abby will have it forever (I’ll insist).

12) She is unbelievably kind.

13) She is beautiful. Her smile lights up a room.

Bonus: There is no need for the “il” in sil. She is my sister and one of my best friends too.

8 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

Oh man - I'm all choked up and it's not even about me. You're right. She's great. Wish I could have said it as well.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now she's crying, but that's okay :)

You still have the card about the birthday elephant?!?!

WOW.

And thank you.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

What a wonderful tribute!

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah...

I think you're both really lucky. To have each other.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love her too! And THAT was one of the coolest posts I've ever read!

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AND, I agree. She's cool. VERY VERY COOL!

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!! from our little corner of the world. We almost lived with her last year (and I did live with them many years ago too - that tells you something about her generosity and depth of character right there...)and we're so happy for the good memories we made during that time. You said it so well and we agree whole-heartedly!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Just D said...

Oh! It's so good to have someone to love so much! A girl needs a heart-companion. Sweet...

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home