Monday, January 15, 2007

Shoes

After two afternoons wasted, I am done. I am weary and I am willing to offer a lovely prize or some money to anyone out there that can find a size 4 infant running shoe that meets the following criteria:

- Does not look as though it was made in 1960.
- Has shoelaces rather than velcro (she undoes the velcro on one shoe before I've even put on the other shoe.)
- Is not covered in princesses or Barbie or Dora or some other pop culture icon.
- Isn't black.
- Doesn't cost an obscene amount of money.

I seriously don't think I'm being unreasonable with my criteria. And yet, after approximately 483 stores (yes, I tend to exaggerate when I'm frustrated) AND ebay being scoured perhaps I am.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Size Four? I wish I had a used hardly-worn pair I could give you. If I find one I'll let you know.

Luckily, my mother-in-law loved to buy shoes for the girls, so we could get the expensive ones that tie and don't have princesses on them.

We have stride rite outlets here? Do you?

In a year or two you'll be wanting velcro, believe it or not. : )

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll try to get Korey to find something as he walks to and from school - how's that? Only trouble is they might be found on the sidewalk and be slightly worn... :)

1:44 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I don't think you're being unreasonable, perhaps a bit unrealistic. While that type of shoe shouldn't cost a lot of money it usually does. Sucks.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, no help here, Jeremy's not walking yet and still in soft shoes, so I haven't started looking. But I'm absolutely sympathetic with your criteria.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Don't know if this will help, but try zappos.com or shoes,com, also footsmart.com is good.

4:08 AM  
Blogger mmichele said...

i really tried to keep my kids "unbranded." sometimes it was pretty close to impossible. somehow, hotwheels feels better than barbie, however.

8:58 AM  
Blogger corrie said...

Hey! Why don't you get her a pair of boys's shoes? They probably have better ones and then even if you do get hotwheels she'll look supercool!

9:14 AM  
Blogger corrie said...

Boys's?

I'm just trying to coin hip new phrases...

9:15 AM  
Blogger pamero said...

Hey Have you given Value Village or S.A. a shot? You may be able to find something there that has hardle been worn due to the age. Next time I'm there, which seems to be all the time!, I'll check for you.

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't mind online shopping, try piperlime.com.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

great post!....My family members always prefer wearing josef seibel shoes...

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home