Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Wednesday: 2/5; Sunday: 5/5

Those of you who know me in RL already know how much I love movies. Those of you who don't: Well, now you learned something new about me.

I love movies.

No, I don't think you get it: I LOVE movies.

I know it's probably unhealthy and I know there are probably those of you who shake your head at the amount of time and money that I waste when it comes to movies. Frankly, I think the person who spends the most time with me of anyone might even do that. So be it. He knew going in.

And, for those of you who didn't know: The Oscar nominations came out this past Tuesday. (Actually, there's a perfect example of how obsessed I truly am: I had that written on my calendar.) For the past 10 years now I have made it a goal to go and see the 5 best picture nominations before the Oscar telecast. A goal I've accomplished every year. This year when the announcement came out? I'd only seen 2 out of 5! I don't think it's ever been that low. Crazy baby, taking me away from my movies. But, thankfully, that's all been righted now. 5 out of 5. Whew!

Now comes the fun part, planning the menu for the Oscar party. But that's a whole different post.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I not comment here? I thought I did. Maybe I started to and then got called away.

What I wanted to say is I love the Oscar season but haven't been able to see all five movies since before kids. Good for you.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I am not too obsessed with movies and the Oscars but I am very interested in the party menu...

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I knew my sister would comment here. She's the Oscar-obsessed one in the family. So are you going to give us your picks and predictions?

1:12 PM  
Blogger Nichole said...

I was also shocked to realise that I'd only seen two of them! I usually have seen at least four. I'm sad that we won't be having an Oscar party this year. (We moved and don't have any friends here yet. Can you here the violins of sadness?)

My picks are over here.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Joyska said...

okay, there are many days that I miss hanging out with Cynthia, but after a post like this one... I miss you even more!

I haven't seen ANY of them... at all... for any nomination. Next time I'm home, I need to do a movie marathon!

Happy Oscar Party prep!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home