Friday, April 06, 2007

Three confessions

My boy has been after me to put something new on here. And so I will.

Confession #1: Today my boy and I did some cleaning. We moved rugs, we organized shoes, we culled through cds, did laundry and dishes... The confession? We like doing this.* Both of us honestly enjoy cleaning. It's odd but lovely all the same - that we'd end up with someone like-minded.

Confession #2: I had a feeling that I would like motherhood. I had a feeling that I would enjoy seeing my babe toddle around the house. I had a feeling but I had no idea I would love it as much as I do.

Confession #3: (I don't know that this one fits in the "confession" realm but it's on my mind at the moment.) Putting a suppository in a child's bum and seeing her cry is one of the hardest things I've had to do thus far in this whole parenting gig. But, seeing her force out a very hard poo and watching her cheer up considerably after her accomplishment is one of the more pleasant moments.

* No, this is NOT an invitation. We like cleaning our OWN home, not others'.

4 Comments:

Blogger mmichele said...

wise to mention the "no invitation" thing.

bms and having to make them happen are never fun, but we do need them, don't we?

10:14 PM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

I can't relate to the first one, but definitely can to the other two.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

MIa was once so constipated she didn't poop for 9 days. I tried everything. In the end, I nursed like crazy and she finally was able to pass it gradually. It was so painful for her.

Glad everything came out okay!!

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes your sentences say life so beautifully. I especially like the wonder I feel as I read the final sentences of confessions 1 and 2. Thanks for sharing your moments.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home