Thursday, March 15, 2007

Just for right now

I want to take a vacation from being a grown-up.

It's just too much work.

Taxes
Decisions about buying a house
Coming up with the money necessary to buy said house
Decisions about employment
Money

Can I? Please? Just a week or two where I don't have to think about it all or cry over it or get wrinkles from the stress or lose sleep. A week or two where I could just read books and let someone else prepare my meals for me and pay for things for me and where my biggest decision is how to nag my mom into giving me something or what to wear for spirit week...

Oh well. It is what it is.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm at the very least you can have a bubble bath tonight?

7:46 PM  
Blogger mmichele said...

the mere thought of spirit week sends me careening back to adulthood as fast as i can run.

still, sometimes it kind of sucks when you arrive.

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The vacation idea sounds good. Kind of like saying "I quit" in the middle of labour. Expressing what we all wish could happen but doesn't really work out.
By the way, you've been in my thoughts and prayers all day. Will continue to be like as long as necessary.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home