Tuesday, May 29, 2007

7 Things

I was tagged. And so, seven completely random things about me. Because, hey, if a blog can't be narcissistic what's the point?

1. When singing in the car I usually sing harmony rather than melody.
2. I hate making icing. I like baking so I usually look for recipes that don’t require icing.
3. J-L and I started dating on July 26th, we got married on June 26th and we bought a house on May 26th. Seems to me our next child should be born on April or August 26th, no?
4. I don’t believe I’ve ever made a pot of coffee. Yes, I drink coffee but (a) only 1 cup a day usually and (b) I don’t like it first thing in the morning and (c) I have very few friends who drink coffee.
5. I get easily annoyed with tags on shirts. Most of mine are cut out. I’m delighted that a lot of T-shirts now come tagless at the neckline. Now if only they’d ditch the ones on the side of the shirt as well.
6. I haven’t read a book in quite some time. Lately I seem to be reading a lot more short stories and quick-read items. I’m not quite sure why although I do think it might have something to do with me not quite knowing how to read for long periods of time now that I’m a mom.
7. I often think about city planners and am fascinated by them: being able to figure out traffic lights and where to place them and how long red lights should be etc. Don’t get me started on how interested I am in subway systems.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good friend of ours is a planner for Ada County, Idaho! He takes pictures of sidewalks and stoplights whenever he travels. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Our wedding anniversary is July 26th! Good date!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Whippersnapper said...

I love making icing. Actually, it's one of the few things I'm really good at making. That's because I use lots and lots of butter. =>

Congratulations on the house!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

I just started reading books again a few years ago, so I know what you mean.

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband's birthday is March 26. 26 is a nice number.

I love EATING a good butter icing.

I read in my OFF times, and am hoping to get back to it this summer.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home