Tuesday, May 08, 2007

May 8, 1967

So, there it is. 40. My boy is 40 today.* Wow. And, in his honour, what I do best: a list...

Ten Things I Love About My Boy

1. He is kind. Very kind.

2. He is funny. I’d say a minimum of once a week I’m laughing so hard I can barely breathe.

3. He loves me.

4. If I care for someone he cares for them. Automatically. He would do anything for my family and friends.

5. Those eyes. Those dark, beautiful brown eyes.

6. That smile. It lights up a room and my life.

7. We genuinely love to hang out together. We do 90% of our mundane, everyday tasks together whether it be laundry or grocery shopping or cleaning or doing dishes. I remember when I was growing up my brother used to beg me to come help him clean out the pig pens. Believe me, it would take a lot of begging. But, if I refused he would then just say “well, at least come be my companion”. He wanted nothing more than to have me sit on the sidelines and visit with him. To this day I still love that word “companion” and I feel extremely lucky to have found that in a spouse.

8. He is completely fine with me doing things on my own or with a friend. Not even ONCE has he made me feel guilty for abandoning him or leaving him to care for Abby on his own as I trot off to X concert or Y movie.

9. He is an optimistic person. This is a nice balance to my leaning towards pessimism. He hopes for and expects the best. I hope for the best but expect the worst.

10. He is a incredible father.** He loves Abby dearly, he has loads of fun with her but then he also recognizes when it’s time to discipline and put his foot down and he does that as well.


Happy birthday, Moodge. I love you.

* Yes, there will be a celebration. But, we're hoping to have a combined birthday/housewarming party.
** Honey, I threw the grammatical error in there just for you so you better have noticed it. It just about killed me but it's worth it if it makes you smile.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He really is wonderful. He has a servant's heart, which is something I so much admire in people. It's something I feel is very high on God's list of priorities as well. :-)

11:45 AM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Nice.

Happy Birthday b-i-l X2

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he is indeed a lovely, lovely man. I'm so pleased you found each other.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday J-L! I think this year is going to be chock full of excitement for you.

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday B-I-L... you are my brother in law today because you are crazy enough to vote PC.

After the election you can be my brother again.

:)

Schoolboy

Go Gary Go...Woohooo....

1:01 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

Happy Birthday dude!

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home