Tuesday, October 16, 2007

That girl

I think there's a part of me that thought the novelty would wear off. I think I thought that by this time it would be old news and I'd be more frustrated with her on a regular basis. I think there's a part of me that thought by now I wouldn't light up when I saw her.

It's just not true.

It's only getting better. As much as I've hated the phrase when it's used negatively I look at parents of newborns and think "Just you wait!"

Just you wait until she giggles when you play some peeking game.

Just you wait until you chase her/him, catch her/him and she/he shouts "'Gain!"

Just you wait until she stands up in her crib and very patiently calls out "Mom!".

Just you wait until you go for a walk and he/she points to things saying "Whastha?".

Just you wait until she teases you.

No, on the other hand, don't be too impatient - the baby stage is wonderful too.

But this I know: THIS age is a delight. I want to keep her at this age. I want to record every minute of it so that one day I can look back at it with tears in my eyes.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too! So far, the sweetness of the so-called "terrible" twos is making far more of an impression than the tantrums.

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That phrase "Every stage was my favourite so far" starts to make alot more sense ...

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pssst. You won't have that many tears in your eyes because it continues to get better for a long-long time. : ) Girls get even better when they're three. Yes, they do.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

I was going to say what Raehan said - you've got lots of fun years ahead of you too.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Yeah! Just you wait. You will love her to bits at the next stage, and the next and the next...

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home