Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Lies people tell

I've heard it said that time heals all wounds. I'm not sure who said it but I'd like to challenge it. I don't think it does. I think time just passes and perhaps some of the rawness lessens. That's it.

Because all it takes is seeing a farmer with an old tractor baling hay in a ditch or a man of slight build in a light grey and blue jacket crossing the street or my daughter doing something with spunk that would make my father smirk or hearing Low German being spoken by a group of men his age or an old hymn.

That's it. Tiny moments that bring it all back with force.

And it's been 4 years. Shouldn't that be enough dose of time if the adage is true?

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

Right there with you.

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish it didn't have to be that way.





Is a wee bit of it almost a relief that the pain doesn't go away? I mean because then your system is telling you how much you miss him and that feels right? I mean rather than feeling guilty for not missing him?

3:02 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm so sorry. You're right...time doesn't heal all wounds because some wounds just become a part of us and can't be undone.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

Time is a finicky friend and wounds that deep always leave scars, which, even when healed, still don't feel the same as your regular skin.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Wendy, that's exactly how I feel, 8 years past it - the hurt says "yes, I loved him."

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home