Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Being me

I like to go out. I like to stay home too. For me there's a very fine balance there. I'm not even sure *I* know what that balance is. But I do know this: If I'm out too many nights in a row I need to stay home for a night, crawl under a blanket and ignore the world for awhile. And yet, the same goes on the other side of the coin. If I'm home too many nights in a row (approximately 1.5) I NEED to get out, be with people. It's like my skin gets too tight and my nerve endings are raw.

Thing is, not just anything counts either. Dinner at someone's house? Doesn't qualify. Shopping? NEVER qualifies. A movie? Qualifies. A concert? Probably the best qualification. (Either that or a trip.) Coffee at a coffee shop? Yup, qualifies.

Weird.

My husband on the other hand? I think he could stay home every night of the week and be completely content.

* This might also help to explain why I'm often on the cusp of I and E in ye old Myers-Brigg.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I like to get out, but my limit is probably two outings a week. Weird how I used to be completely extroverted, and now I'm quite a bit more introverted.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home