Friday, July 25, 2008

Oh dear, perhaps I am getting old

Abby, Jack and I just got back from a little adventure. We took the bus to The Forks to meet their dad for lunch. On the way back the bus was packed. I had full intentions of standing like so many were but a nice (good looking) young man offered up his seat to Abby. It feels like only a few short years ago I would have glanced at him and thought "mmm. nice. I wonder if he's single." and now I glance at him and think "goodness, I hope my son grows up to be the fine young gentleman you are".

2 Comments:

Blogger darien said...

I don't think there is any doubt of that happening

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh too cute!

That so reminds me of the shiver-down-my-spine moment I had about a week ago. I was watching K's soccer game and G was sleeping under the shade of a tree. I glanced over at G and thought, "You know if he grows up to be like his daddy, I'll be really happy." Immediately followed by shivers down my spine and a deep-seeded content feeling that still lingers every time I think of it.

Go, Jack, go! I am so confident Jack is going to be a well-grounded, strong (spiritually and physically) and intelligent young man. Good-looking, too, but that won't come as any surprise.

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home