Thursday, April 15, 2010

Yes!

The doctor gave me permission. J-L and I talked it over Tuesday night and we'd already decided that we'd go on some sort of trip either way. The only trouble is, most of what's drivable from Winnipeg in the amount of time we have is stuff we've already seen. Plus, any time I would think of missing the Jazz fest or packing the shorts away I would start to cry.

Thankfully, not an issue in the end. I'm still completely plugged up in my right ear but the doctor said that's just liquid that can't drain due to my sinus cold. The swelling and redness have gone down considerably and she did not consider it a danger to fly. Thank you, God!

The flights went smashingly and the kids were fine and so were my ears. We are currently in Mobile, Alabama (hit the road right from the NOLA airport - New Orleans is going to be the end of our trip). It's wonderfully warm out here and we're just catching a wee bit of Food Network before bed. Thanks for your concern and prayers.

Tomorrow? Florida!

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, hooray!! So glad you got the vacation you wished for. I had been worrying...

And Florida? *sigh* Love it (at least, love the west coast of Florida). Enjoy the sunshine and warmth!

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:37 PM  
Blogger darien said...

yeah, YAYWITHLOTSOFEXCLAMATIONMARKSYAY

11:37 PM  
Blogger corrie said...

Hip, hip! Hooray!
Hip, hip! Hooray!
Hip, hip! HOORAY!

3:58 PM  
Blogger beckster said...

Most excellent! So we'll see you in a few days then!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home