Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Hope

All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope. Winston Churchill

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Hope is one of my recent favorite words. I love the sound of it and I love the warmth of the word. When we as KV leaders were given our choice of Advent words it was my first pick hands down.

It's what keeps us going. It's what makes life vital and yet also makes life painfully vulnerable because we take a risk when we hope.

It's what keeps the people who have lost their families and homes due to the tsunami from committing suicide.

It's what keeps Mom from depression with her farm not selling. It still may, it still may...

It's what makes J-L and I have baited breath every month thinking that there may be a new life inside me.

I may not be an optimist but I always want to have hope.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home