Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Photos

At my desk I have a multitude of photos. And as I look at them this morning I realize that I have a very blessed life. Not even sure I deserve it.

My nieces and nephews: There are 7 of them. And while they are at an age right now where I don't rank too high on the list of people important to them (not complaining - just a fact of life) I love them dearly and hope to continue to have relationships with them for the rest of my life.

My family: I have a photo up of my three siblings and my mom. At the moment it's making me tear up a bit because Dad isn't in the shot but having the four of them in my corner is a blessing not nearly everyone has.

My brother Brad: He's the oldest and in every way shape and form fits that role. I realized once that if I were ever kidnapped and had only one phone call to make it would most likely be to him. Not that I wouldn't want to speak with my husband but I have a feeling Brad would be more likely to keep his wits about him and be able to solve the issue quickly and logically.

My brother Dwight: My sweet, sweet brother. He is kind and filled with goodness. I sometimes wish he lived closer because our relationship has changed since he got married and moved away. We very seldom have one on one time. But, this fall we were able to plant bulbs together for the first time in a long time and there is no one on earth I would rather do that with.

My sister Heather: What can I say? She is my ear. She is my friend. While a lot of the sappy cards out there written about sisters make us both gag they often contain verses that are actually LESS than what we have. We are sisters and I feel sad for anyone who doesn't get to know what that's like.

My mom: I think she is why the word "mom" was created. If I have any capacity for intellectual thought or the ability to discuss things it is from my father. If I have any capacity for love it is from my mother.

My friends: I have several friend photos up but not of all of them. Joyska, Marja, Pam, Eric, Corrie, Kim. I take the term "friend" very seriously and am very loyal to all of them. How I ended up being so lucky to find them and to have them love me as I love them is beyond me.

Joyska: She is moving away shortly and I will miss her. But, I know that we will maintain our friendship. When we go out together I can be assured that we will have a lengthy conversation that will be much more than just surface stuff.

Marja: Laughter comes to mind when I think of Marja. Of all my friends she is probably the one I have laughed with the most. She also knows secrets about me that no one else knows.

Pam: I don't actually think I'm cool enough to be Pam's friend but for some reason she sees otherwise. She is a delight and if I can make her laugh I am proud. She is also probably the person who shares my love of sarcasm the most, using it with a bite that is a gift. She is the creator of movie day and while most of my associates wouldn't "get" that, I LOVE it and am glad she invited me along.

Corrie: I trust Corrie with my heart. Sounds sappy and I suppose it is. We think very similarly and ache over the same struggles. And so we share. She loves good quotes and good writing and I think of her often when I come across either.

Kim: She listens to me. She listens, offers advice and supports me when my heart is breaking. I don't know that I believe in the term "soul mate" but if I did Kim would be one of mine. She tries to get me to believe in myself.

My boy: I am now up to 4 photos with him in it at my desk. And they make me smile. I love him dearly and there is no one on earth that makes me laugh as much. He is what I need my husband to be. He supports me. He loves me. He lets me go out without him without any amount of guilt. He thinks I'm beautiful and sexy and gives me more compliments than what is even good for the size of my head. "I choose him to take up all of my time. I choose him because he's funny and kind." I look forward to the rest of our lives together and I look forward to seeing him as a dad someday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

I'm all choked up. Glad I'm one of the photos.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home