Thursday, January 13, 2005

Apparently she [Corrie] didn't hate it so here's another one! [cut & paste]

A Second List Also Known as What Goes Through Cynthia's Brain on January 13, 2005

1. I worry about money. It's what I do. It's what I've done for as long as I can remember. I have very vivid memories about worrying about my parents' financial situation as a child. I don't like this and wish I could change it but I really don't know how to change something that is as ingrained as that. Well, now the possibility of us having a child is looming. And so I begin to worry. I couldn't fall asleep last night worrying about how we can afford a child. How can we afford the clothes and the daycare (if that's the route we go)? How will we be able to afford the car seats and the soccer? Okay, okay, apparently it's time to go back to Matthew 6. Believe you me, it's well underlined in my Bible.

2. I cut my finger last night. Not badly but it is hurting me this morning. Wahh. Serves me right for sharpening my knife last night.

3. As I believe you know, I'm doing A's wedding photography on February 19. Only my second winter wedding and certainly not my favorite way to do wedding photography as I prefer outdoor shots. But, lo and behold, I came up with an idea. And now, we are booked to take some of the photography in the legislative building. Woohoo! There is a wonderful staircase in there that will be perfect. I was a little worried when I phoned for a reservation and the lady asked if this was for 2006. But, it turns out they had a cancellation on February 19 so we're in! Happy, happy girl.

4. C called in sick today. Can't say I'm too broken up about it.

5. Hey, how's my camera working out for you? I hope you're feeling comfortable with it and that there wasn't something I forgot to explain to you.

6. My boy brought me flowers again yesterday. He does this often and I love him for it. Makes everyone at work jealous. :-) This time, stunningly beautiful lilies.

7. I made something quite tasty for supper tonight. That's right, Thursday nights are back on with a vengeance. Sorry, I had to make you jealous about SOMETHING what with all your talk about your adventures in India and all.

8. Deleted.

9. For some bizarre reason my eyes have been sore for 2 days now. I really should buy some drops or something. Oh dear, I'd best stop. First complaining about the cut and now THIS?

10. Your lyrics for the day:
Tell her not to go

I ain’t holding on no more
Tell her something in my mind freezes up from time to time

Tell her not to cry
I just got scared that’s all
Tell her I’ll be by her side, all she has to do is call

11. Deleted.

12. I just talked to J-L and asked him if he had anything interesting to say to you in this email. His words: "Tell her that I hope that when she comes back that she's no longer a greaser."

13. Your quote for the day: You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself. -Sam Levenson

14. My mom abstains from alcohol. Entirely. No exceptions - not even if alcohol is involved in a dessert or something. It's just a decision she's made and as you are aware my mom sees the world through thick black and white coloured glasses. You'd think they'd hurt her eyes at times but it seems to work for her so who am I to say? Now, can you explain to me why 3 of the meals (including tomorrow's) that I have made for the Plett family dinners have included alcohol? Is there some sort of subconscious sneakiness here? It's not like I always cook with alcohol or anything or that I really want my mom to open her horizons. Not at all. Crazy, hey?

15. Survivor starts up again February 17. "From the beginning, the game will be changed in a dramatic way; everything the Survivors have come to expect will be wiped out in the first 10 minutes. Who will outwit, outplay, and outlast all others in Palau?"

16. Nearly forgot: I'm also going to be in A's wedding party. One of her bridesmaids had to back out with the wedding being changed to February (from June). The cool thing is that I just have to wear a black dress. That is, I get to buy whatever type I want. So, no spending $300 on a dress I'll never wear again.

17. Well, I never made it to 20 this time. But, it's nearly time to go and I have a couple of last-minute things to do first. 'Til next time. ccap

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home