Thursday, April 21, 2005

Are you a team player?

I have realized lately that I'm not much of a team player. Not in the "doesn't play well with others" report card sense. I think I do play well with others and I genuinely like people. I think socializing with my coworkers will be the thing I miss the most while on maternity leave. But, it only goes so far. I enjoy chatting with them during the day, I enjoy eating lunch with them every day and I even enjoy going for walks with them when it's nice out. And that's about it. I HAVE real friends, close friends.

Today we are shutting down the office early to go play billiards as a "team". We just hit the million dollar mark in sales for the year. And, as an office that has struggled with their sales force (2 out 3 left for different jobs last year and the third one was off for 4 months due to a nervous breakdown) this is definitely worth celebrating. I get that. But, that doesn't really mean that I have to go play pool with them for 3 hours, does it? It only makes it worse that I don't LIKE pool. Seriously, I will be counting down the minutes until I get to go home. (To my Real Friends I might add.)

See? Not so much a team player.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe if you were celebrating with a nice thai meal, or a visit to a kitchen store and you all got to spend 50 bucks or something you'd feel like team building. Three hours of pool? Ouch.
m

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home