Friday, April 22, 2005

Predicaments

Anyone feel like solving my 2 predicaments this morning?

#1
I am both weary and restless this morning. I feel as a result of this combination that I should get out of the office at lunchtime. However, there are several problems related to this:

- I don’t enjoy wandering the mall.
- I have no money to spend so no need to shop.
- It decided to be freakishly cold today so going outside holds little appeal.

Any suggestions as to what to do?

#2

I’m not a fan of cell phones. However, I do have one. I don’t think I ever would have bought one but my husband had 2 so I inherited one of his. He really wants me to have one as it helps him feel that I’m safe(r). I barely ever use it and feel as though we’re throwing money away by me even having it. My husband feels we’re throwing money away by having a landline. He’d like to get rid of that and I’D like to get rid of the cell phone. Anyone have any words of wisdom for us?

3 Comments:

Blogger BarbaraMG said...

I am with you. Keep the landline. You don't have to go outside to use it, it is always clear and you don't have to have it on you all the time thus peole can't find you when you don't want to be found.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Keep the land line! Otherwise, I'll probably never call you 'cause I HATE calling people on their cell phones. I always feel like it's more of an interruption into their day, and I remember how much I HATED those interruptions. I'd rather leave a voice mail and let them get back to me at their convenience.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...it looks like I'm getting outvoted here. I may have to reconsider my position. But I do like the thought of having my wife being able to contact me if something happens while she is away from the house, either alone or with Peanut (who I may have to start calling Softball).

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home