Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Cause I LOVE lists and I'm in the mood to mimic

50 Things I'm Thankful For

1. The word combination of "mood to mimic". I enjoyed writing it and I'm enjoying saying it in my head.
2. The sun shining in my office window.
3. That I just finished 2 big projects that made my morning nutty.
4. Lists. :-)
5. Only 4 days of work this week.
6. Three, count them, 3! wonderful Thanksgiving meals.
7. A phone call from my brother on Saturday.
8. My boy behind me and my niece in front of me with our arms around each other by a gigantic bonfire last night.
9. Lyrics like this: Less like breakdown, more like surrender... And I feel you here/And you're picking up the pieces/Forever faithful.
10. An organized desk. (This is kind of a pre-thankfulness - it's my afternoon goal.)
11. My baby starting his/her preparation for probably the biggest adventure in his/her life.
12. Wally - my hot water bottle.
13. Getting our change table set up.
14. Getting the last of my books on the new bookshelf.
15. A gift certificate prize my boy won that helped us afford new things for our new place.
16. Knowing that we have nothing major planned for the evening and may actually get some stuff up on the walls.
17. Swiss cheese sitting in my fridge for a snack later on tonight.
18. Sneaking a few moments here and there to read blogs.
19. The call forward option on my work phone.
20. My boy completely understanding when I've reached my limit emotionally and physically and letting me rest.
21. That I can STILL make it through a lot of nights without getting up to pee.
22. A haircut appointment for tonight! (finally!)
23. No stretch marks whatsoever.
24. A health spending account at my work that I'd forgotten about that I can use for a new pair of glasses. What a treat.
25. I gotta say it (even though you're tired of hearing it): 6.5 more days of work.
26. That the most annoying symptoms of this pregnancy (emotions/sore back/nausea) weren't an issue during our lovely trip to New York City this summer.
27. My family.
28. Glorious fall weather.
29. The feeling of our baby kicking me constantly.
30. Baths. Now more than ever.
31. That a few of my maternity clothes still fit me.
32. A lunch of good leftovers.
33. Granny smith apples.
34. Sarcasm and friends who know how to take it.
35. Red, purple and pink jelly beans.
36. My blue car.
37. Laughter.
38. Finding something mindless to do that even my tired brain can handle.
39. Independent movies.
40. 4 seasons.
41. My new bedside lamp (see #15).
42. GNF.
43. Email.
44. Pearls Before Swine - my favorite comic strip.
45. Coil bound notebooks.
46. Kitchen supply stores.
47. Not needing Tums as much as I did a couple of weeks ago.
48. Amazing friendships.
49. That I managed to deal with all 15 voicemails from this morning.
50. My good job which is also the reason I'm stopping now. I'd intended to go for 100 but I'd actually like to keep this job and the good reputation I have here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list Moodge.

The 1 thing I am thankful for:

You.

your boy

P.S. We.are.going.to.have.a.baby.soon. Wow!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

#16 I have a beautiful wall hanging you might like...
#29 I NEVER got tired of that, even having endured 4 pregnancies.
#35 Oh darling, save the black ones for me.
Hope you still have time to blog once you quit work!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home