Thursday, August 31, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

I've been meaning to jot some of these down anyway as I'm afraid I'll start to forget some of them otherwise. So, may as well make a list of them.

Thirteen Things About Abby (at this point in her life)

1. She likes to go places. Yay! Nearly 100% of the time if she's in my arms and I go to open the door to go out she gets excited.

2. (tied to #1) She loves to be outdoors. She may have had a cranky day but if I take her outside and plop her in the stroller she's as happy as can be.

3. She likes every vegetable we've given her but she does NOT like rice cereal. Can't say I blame her; tastes like crap to me too.*

4. She does NOT like to sit (or lay) still while nursing. I was watching another mother nurse the other day and I marveled at how the child just lay there peacefully. She hasn't done that in months.

5. She enjoys bossing us around. (Please no comments about how the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree.) She gets a very loud, demanding voice and often emphasizes it with a fist pounding on the table.

6. She has a fake cough. She's had it for as long as I can remember. Silly girl.

7. She likes baths. Always has.

8. She has a favorite stuffed animal that represents sleep to her. I'm sure this was our doing but it's very handy when we want her to go down for a nap. Oftentimes if we hand her this stuffed animal she grabs it with both arms, rolls over and falls asleep.

9. When she's tired she rubs her ear.

10. She likes Jon Stewart (much to my husband's chagrin). For some unknown reason, when I'm sitting to watch The Daily Show and Jon Stewart comes on the screen she smiles.

11. She often crawls on her tiptoes, without her knees touching the floor.

12. She prefers sleeping alone. She does still sometimes sleep with us but that's usually after a whole lot of flailing and tossing about (on her part). When she's in her bed alone, she rarely tosses and turns.


13. She likes to drive motorcycle. It started with a motion she would do with her hands and now she has added a sound to it. Video can be seen here. (Sorry, I can't figure out how to rotate the video on YouTube.)

* Even the pear/mango/pineapple version tastes like crap. Frankly, I can't even taste pear, mango OR pineapple in it. Basically we can only get her to eat it when it's mixed with yogurt.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that motorcycle shot is really amazing! Did she get that from actually watching (or riding?!) a motorcycle?

On rice cereal -- Jeremy likes the brown rice kind, also multi-grain, made by Earth's Best and mixed with breastmilk. I think it tastes a little better than that pasty white crap. And also lots of fruits and veggies.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home