Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Ode to Snot.

Thou insipid intruder,
Thou glistening, viscous secretion,
What evil foe hast invited you to this dwelling?
Calm, gentle breathing has been abandoned.
Raspy, turbulent gasps in its place.
What words shall I find to shun you?
With disdain I behold you gleaming beneath my maiden’s nose.
With disgust I purge your crusted memories from garments.
In exhaustion I calm her midnight weeping.
Oh be gone thou abomination.
Back to the depths from whence thou came.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahhahahaha

Great fun :)

3:08 PM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Oops. Maybe you shouldn't have come over for lunch the other day after all. We had the joy of "cough 'til ya barf" last night. :-(

3:27 PM  
Blogger The very nice man said...

That'SNOT funny!!!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Kim O said...

ugh... I'm sick and I just sneezed before I read this and now I feel like throwing up.

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

brilliant poetry -- sure captures it!

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home