Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Thank you.

I wonder if you know how beautiful you are.
I wonder if you know how blue I was most of the day and how yellow I was with you for 2 hours.

Love is the answer,
At least for most of the questions in my heart
Like why are we here? and where do we go?
And how come it's so hard?
It's not always easy and
Sometimes life can be deceiving
I'll tell you one thing it's always better when we're together

I wonder if you know how valued your friendship is to me.
As we sit with our tea
And muffin and cookie.
I wonder how other people make it through life without a friendship like this.

You see everything, you see every part
You see all my light and you love my dark
You dig everything of which I'm ashamed
There's not anything to which you can't relate
And you're still here

I wonder if you know how I laughed as I waited for the light to change as I was returning to my car.
Over something you said.
I wonder if you know that I smiled my entire drive home, remembering the evening.
Memories.
So many memories that are attached to you.
So many opinions that are connected to yours.
I end the day feeling refreshed.
Because of you.
Thanks.

And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know
That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest
I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you

3 Comments:

Blogger Raehan said...

I'm sorry you were blue and am glad you were then yellow for two hours.

Thank you from me, too, for taking care of our girl.

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do people make it through without something like this?

As often as I lament that my life doesn't seem fair in a lot of ways it then must be true that it's not fair that I have so much good stuff. You included.

Thank you again.
(must go get a tissue now)

5:57 PM  
Blogger Just D said...

How wonderful... you made me stop and think about the special people in my life, the ones that make me smile long afterwards.

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home