Sunday, February 18, 2007

Today would have been his 73rd birthday.

He never made it to 70. On August 8th, 2003 he died suddenly and tragically in a farming accident.

He was a smart and interesting, multi-dimensional man who loved the Lord, his family and his animals (among other things). He had many flaws which made him a struggle to live with and to love.

But, he was my dad and I loved him. I miss him. Every day. Even more so this week as I worked on this project.

P.S. The song: In honour of his humor. He loved to sing this song (with us) in an uber-twangy way with a smirk on his face.

P.S.2 Interesting that my sister had a similar idea on this, his birthday. (I was going to link to it but linking doesn't seem to be working at the moment.)

P.S.3 Siblings, I'm creating a cd for all of you made up of these photos and others from Mom's Big Box o' Photos. Be patient, it's a big job.

9 Comments:

Blogger DannyLMcDaniel said...

No one really dies when there is someone to memory them.


Danny L. McDaniel
Lafayette, Indiana

9:57 PM  
Blogger DannyLMcDaniel said...

...remember them.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Great minds think alike. :-)

Thanks for that. I'm a little choked up.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Nichole said...

That was a lovely tribute. Thank you for sharing it. I'll be thinking of you this week.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing.

and so full of love.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank-you, Cyndi.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

That was wonderful! He was a very handsome man and it looks like he knew how to have fun with his family!

Hugs to you as you miss him!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

What a tribute. I am honoured to "know" him through his children.

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great face!!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home