Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Wherein I try to lighten the mood.

Because, honestly, there's only so much whiny "why me?" stuff that anyone can take.

1) Apartment for rent. Our home now smells exceedingly of vomit and poo (and farting but that's a whole other post and frankly, that one doesn't involve our daughter - not to point any fingers) and I'd have to say it's a tad overpowering. And, since it's approximately minus 1000 degrees outside (give or take) it's not like I can open the windows and air the place out. I think, all things considered, I'll just move.

2) She puked 5 times between the hours of midnight and 3 am. Oh wait, sorry, this was supposed to be a lighter post. Well, let me just say, SHE'S certainly trying her hardest to lighten the mood. All that puking and she was still up at 6:30, cheery as ever. Her PARENTS are wandering around the house a la zombies but she's happily chatting away.

3) Conversations between 2 people at 3 am can be unenlightened at best. Conversations between those same 2 people who have also been cleaning poo and vomit nonstop for days? Completely pointless.

J-L: So, wanna talk about our feelings?
ccap: Sure. I am feeling your hand in my hair and it's annoying me. Your turn.
J-L: I'm feeling like if that computer doesn't shut up I'm going to take a gun to it.
ccap: Okay, Elvis.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHA

9:41 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Glad to hear that you are trying to make the best of a smelly situation. Good for you for not pointing fingers too.

3:09 PM  
Blogger pamero said...

ditto ap

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, you could try putting some vanilla in a bit of simmering water on the stove...it might help with some of the smelly situation?

Of course, it might NOT help with the one at whom you're not pointing fingers.....

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cynthia - Since I'm writing after having helped Wendy out the door (don't worry - I don't read blogs normally - no offence), IF you are really interested in a new place, our renters are moving out. If you want our house, give us a shout. At this early in the morning, I can't tell if you were serious or not. Need coffee.
All the best with the little pooper.

-Korey (and WB)

1:55 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

I am so in touch with what you are going through. My family broke (that is the only way to describe how sick we have been) somewhere around New Years, and it has been non-stop illness fun at our house! The flu has been through all of us....the real, hardcore influena. My oldest, Cory, was the last to get it and had it last week for 5 days. He went to school on Thursday, then last night I was up all! night! long! with Cory and Mia (2yo) alternating throwing up in the bathroom.

WHERE IS SPRING?????????????

7:08 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

I forgot to add that today I went and bought some plugins air freshener thingies and have them plugged in everywhere. I am also spraying Lysol at the top and bottom of every hour. Damn the torpedos and full steam ahead!! I have got to get the stink out of my house!

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home