Thursday, January 20, 2011

Conversation in our house this morning

Background: We're going on a date this Friday. Yes, without children. No cutting up of food (we may even ask the server to cut ours for us). No snapping about sitting in the chair all through the meal. No begging to focus on eating. No picking various utensils off the floor. No cooking of supper for 6 yet again. (How can you tell regular life has been getting me down a bit lately.)

J-L: So, are we going to a movie after supper too?
ccap (eyes rolling): No, honey, I won't force you to do that with me.
J-L: But that's what marriage is all about: Forcing your spouse to do stuff he doesn't want to do and then him being resentful of it.

They don't tell you THAT in them there fancy premarital counseling classes.

2 Comments:

Blogger corrie said...

How about forcing your spouse to cut what he loves in half (ie. watching one football game on Sunday instead of two) and then still being resentful? Nobody mentioned that to me, either : )

Just kidding, Daryl, if you're reading this. I don't mind if you watch two games of football on Sunday. I'll just clean or something. No big deal.

10:19 AM  
Blogger pamero said...

Ahhh, no wonder you guys are my bestest friends...

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home