Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wee Golden Globes Recap

When you enjoy silly movie award shows as much as I do and you have a five year-old daughter who loves fancy dresses as much as I do, sitting together to watch the Golden Globes red carpet is about as much fun as two girls could have on a cold Sunday night.

A wee fashion synopsis from the evening:

Three dresses we both liked:
J-Lo
Claire Danes
Amy Adams

Three dresses we both didn’t like:
Julianne Moore
Helena Bonham Carter
Angelina Jolie

Most of the other dresses brought mixed reviews from this panel of judges.

Two other wee bits from Abby’s mouth:

As Matthew Morrison walked the red carpet: Hey, Mom, is that Del Barber? (that’s an inside one for all you Manitoba folk festers.)

And, as they announced the nominees for best actor in a miniseries or TV movie (…”Al Pacino for ‘You Don’t Know Jack’”…): Hey, yes I DO know Jack.

And two bits that aren’t about the 5 year-old:

My favorite Ricky Gervais joke of the night? When he introduced Bruce Willis as Ashton Kutcher’s dad. Although, the scientology, Charlie Sheen and Robert Downey Jr. jokes also got me chuckling. I’m fond of someone saying it like it is for those stuffy Hollywood types.

My favorite speech of the night? Hands down Colin Firth. Classy but funny.

1 Comments:

Blogger pamero said...

Hey, that was my favourite joke of the night too! He can host award shows anytime, as far as I'm concerned...

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home