Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Any suggestions?

I have one child who is begging, nay BEGGING that Santa not come to her house. She nearly shakes in fear at the sight/idea of him. Last year we had to write a letter asking him not to come. (He even graciously wrote back saying he wouldn't come but that she would still get gifts.)

Here's the rub: #2 is now begging and whining that Santa do indeed come to our house.

It's not like I can tell him that he'll just come to his bedroom and not hers. They share a room.

Thing is, I don't care much for the idea of Santa. Never really have. But I don't mind if my 3 year-old remains a 3 year-old for a brief moment in time and believes in him.

Tricky.

Update: She just wrote another letter with the same request. "Mom, it says 'Dear Santa. Please don't come to my house. Abby.' I didn't write 'love' because I don't love him."

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy Barkman said...

Tricky is right. No immediate solutions coming to mind. But! I will keep pondering. This won't be the last tricky situation this Christmas season. So I'm also hoping Life gives you some brief moments that feel luxurious in nature, be they nostalgic, cozy, spiritual, or split-your-gut-with-laughter-fun. I hope Life gives you loads of good ones this Season!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home