Monday, April 25, 2005

Two observations

Hey, I think ANY observations on a Monday morning are pretty good.

Observation #1
My mother gets married this upcoming Sunday. At 67 years old she will change her name for the first time ever. (Her maiden name was the same as my father's last name - no they weren't brother and sister!) She is quite happy to do so and has wanted to change her name forever. I got married at 34, nearly half my mother's age. I chose to keep my maiden name. There was really no doubt in my mind that I would keep my maiden name. It's who I am and who I want to remain. To me, a last name has very little to do with how much I love my husband or how good of a team we make. This one difference between my mother and I may seem tiny but in many ways exemplifies MANY of the differences between us.


Observation #2
We are having a baby. At least I'm HOPING that's why I'm starting to get thick in the middle. My husband responds to this mostly with giddiness and excitement. I respond mostly with worrying and anxiety. This one difference between my husband and I may seem tiny but in many ways exemplifies MANY of the differences between us.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: #2...

Differences? We only have 2 differences; crib and Folkfest. One of them is very good, and the other very bad. I will leave up to you folks in Blogland to figure out which is which.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home