Monday, May 02, 2005

Perplexed

Perhaps someone out there in blog world can tell me what I should write the day after watching my mother, at age 67, get married to a man I barely know.

Perhaps someone can tell me how I could have made it through the ceremony without crying when what I REALLY wanted was to watch her hold my DAD'S hand, not this man's.

Perhaps someone can reassure me that Everything Will Be Okay. That things won't change as much as I think they will.

Perhaps someone can persuade me to still share as much with my mom as I do now even though I know she will then be sharing those things with someone that I'm not close to.

Perhaps there is someone who has some words of advice on how to just be happy for her and her newfound happiness.

Perhaps someone strongly believes that he's NOT too old for her and that her days will NOT change from giggling with her fellow single friends over coffee to days of being tied down nursing a man 9 years her senior.

Perhaps someone can offer something to help me reduce this swelling in my throat and the constant watering in my eyes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

Well, that "someone" won't be me. There's swelling in MY throat too.

12:27 PM  
Blogger BarbaraMG said...

I don't have any answers for you but I do know that your feelings on the issue are very normal. Were you close to your mom before this all happened? If so I think a heart to heart just to let her know how you are feeling would at least help you get this off your chest. One thing, a boyfriend/new spouse rarely takes the place in a mom's heart. Hang in there. ;)

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's just immensely unfair for you to have to deal with all this and pregnancy hormones, too.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly what your going through because my mother recently remarried after I lost my dad suddenly. It's hard, but think of your mother and her happiness. It's so hard to be alone in life, and I know you just wish your dad was still around, I say it at least once a month, "I wish my dad were still alive", but you know what? Things happen for a reason, and you may not know that reason now, it took me 10 years to find my reason for losing my father, you may not find your reason for a long time. Hang in there, lean on your husband and siblings, and try to be happy for your mom.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home