Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Getting ready for the adventure.

I don't know if anyone is ever completely emotionally ready for having a baby but as of last night I think we are physically ready. That is, we have the first few things that we will need when the baby arrives:

- the crib is set up. Last night we even bought a new sheet for it.
- nursing bras are purchased.
- the change table is set up.
- we have a few onesies.
- stroller and car seat. check.
- rocking chair is faithfully sitting in the corner of the nursery.
- and lastly: We have diapers and wipes. Wow! WE HAVE DIAPERS AND WIPES. I actually lost count how many times J-L has come out of the nursery with a tiny diaper in his hand and a grin on his face.


It still could be weeks before the baby arrives but it does give me more peace of mind (and more than just a little panic too) that most things are in order for the first few days.

10 Comments:

Blogger Crash said...

Hey! Randomly, I just got your blog...
GOOD luck with your baby!
:)
kisses

9:08 AM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Isn't it amazing how much STUFF gets added to your life when baby arrives?

9:51 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Have I been out of it too long. What the heck are "onesies?"

10:18 AM  
Blogger ccap said...

Linda, these: http://www.craftycreatures.com/komacha/onesies/ are onesies. Maybe they were called something else before?

12:22 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I had one or 2 for Ben as they were a brand new item at the time. We called them "undershits with snaps."

12:45 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

UNDERSHIRTS! I MEANT UNDERSHIRTS!
Aaaaaaugh!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are all set!

And remember that smiling look with the diapers because it takes about one package before the smile starts to wear down :)

ALthough I do have to admit those tiny baby diapers are just SO cute.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember several years ago planning for my first baby. Such an exciting time!

2:31 PM  
Blogger mmichele said...

a "farewell to (paid) (office) work" blog? are we going to get one?

2:17 PM  
Blogger Joyska said...

my dates are finally confirmed! I am coming home the 28th through the 8th... any chance I'll get to meet this little one?

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home