Thursday, September 21, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen things that have annoyed me since last Thursday:

1. Snot.

2. People who act too familiar with my daughter. You know what? I'm her MOM and a lot of times *I* don't know if she's tired or hungry or wants me etc. How exactly do YOU know?

3. Finding clothes (on eBay) for a 10 month old. Sizing seems odd. The clothes go from 6-9 months to 12 months. Seriously. Look sometime. I'm not sure what kids are wearing from 9-12 months but there isn't much out there for them. (Not that she's at that size yet - my slimjim is still wearing a lot of 3-6 months outfits. I'm just thinking ahead.)

4. Snot on shirts, bras, sheets, blankets...

5. Tempra on shirts, bras, sheets, blankets...

6. Custom cellphone ring tones.

7. Litter.

8. Wiping snot (sensing a theme?) off a 10 month old.

9. Movies/tv shows that present infidelity as an inevitability.

10. T-shirts that are tagless on the neckline but still have the annoying scratchy tags on the side.

11. People who take themselves WAY too seriously.

12. That I STILL haven't gotten all of my photos (from the last few years) put away.

13. Gosh, I seriously can't think of one more and I need to post this so that I can go back to #12 while the babe is napping. Got any suggestions for #13? Maybe it's the word "snot" being used 3 times in one blog? Make that 4. And honestly, I HATE the word.

5 Comments:

Blogger pamero said...

How about when people categorize "Corn Meal Pancakes" under Cakes & Pastry in a cookbook? Just because it has the word 'cake' in it, doesn't automatically make it NOT a breakfast food.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, sizing is so wierd in this age range! And there is such variation in what the sizing means. I find Jeremy fits in some clothes marked 18 months while others are still marked 3-6 months!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Raehan said...

My babies aren't babies anymore and I still hate snot, though by three or four the immunities do start kicking in. Small consolation that seems to you now, though, I'll bet.

12:46 AM  
Blogger The very nice man said...

You seem to be slightly "snotophobic"! You can get some cream for that! Baileys Irish Cream to be precise!

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tags on the side! Hate it! I was just complaining about this (to Sydney) the other day.

Yes, and kid's clothing sizes...a total mystery. Then once the clothes are washed, who knows WHAT size they are.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home