Friday, February 05, 2010

Happy sigh

There are currently 14 Chinese teenagers on our main level eating junk food and playing cards and Uno and in general making happy noises.

And I couldn't be more pleased.

There are things about my personality that I am still discovering about myself but the joy I find in a houseful of guests is not one of them.

From J-L: This is why we signed up for this gig.

Edited to add: And one of them is moving into an apartment with a friend and (with P's nudging) asked me to teach her how to cook. I don't know that I even have to tell you how THAT made me feel.

4 Comments:

Blogger darien said...

oh what fun! My Japanese student asked me to teach her to cook--she wanted to learn lasagna and cookies. In return, I learned how to make gyoza and roll sushi. It was such fun!

I'm delighted for you.

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Heather Plett said...

Lovely! :-)

1:11 PM  
Blogger pamero said...

Frick! Why haven't I asked you to teach ME how to cook. Now some foreign student has beat me out...what do you think about you, her and me? huh, huh? SO kidding. How awkward would that be?

12:01 AM  
Blogger Blue Bunny said...

I luvs to play Uno!! I play with my Jannie and my kelly. I usulalee loses the game, but I haz fun at the thril of the sport

blue bunny, my jannie's bloging manigir.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home