Saturday, February 05, 2011

How my day got a little bit brighter

Background #1: It's been a bit of a rough two days.
  • 3 different relationship situations that have happened that have been hard on me. Two of them resulting in some tears being shed.
  • I have felt completely overwhelmed by parenthood. It's been exhausting and I felt a bit like walking away this afternoon.
  • Our finances have just felt tighter than usual of late and I'm tired of it. There was a time I used to do the monthly budget and had extra money left over to work with even after everything was paid off. That's not been the case since about September when our financial situation took a wee bit of a header due to stuff I don't really feel like talking about right now. Today we WAY over spent on groceries and it just felt like the bottom was falling out. (Minor in the realm of death and cancer and things like that but as I said, I'm in a spot right now.)

Background #2: My husband and I have been married for 6.5 years. I have some little RRSPs from before our marriage. For some reason (laziness) I haven't changed the beneficiary. It's still Margaret Plett. And every time we get a statement regarding those RRSPs my husband will look at them, shake his head and whimper something about me not loving him.

That brings us up to 5 minutes ago. We're cleaning off the table of some collected paperwork and mail. My husband opens up a piece of mail addressed to him and simply says "uh-oh" and stands there staring at it. I walk towards him and as I begin to glance at the banking statement of some type of RRSP or something (frankly, I don't even know and I don't even care) the sun peeks from behind the clouds and the birds start to sing. There it is in black and white. The beneficiary? His ex-wife.

Ahhh. Life just became a little bit sweeter.

1 Comments:

Blogger pamero said...

oooh! bURn JL!

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home